OUTSOURCED RESULTS INC.
In 1999 Geoff started working for a multi-billion-dollar consulting firm, and during my over eight years there, I quickly progress from a Principal Consultant to Sr. Manager with the project management practice. During my time at the consulting firm, I had the privilege of working with many types of organizations and consulting firms. These opportunities helped me to hon my skills in the productive and successful delivery of project management services.
Over the years, I have been able to reduce the leading cause of failure to 3 major areas:
- Lack of availability of resources to start the project on time, causing pressure on the team to deliver a project within a shorter lead time. This situation increases the risk of project failure leading to diminished success.
- The mismatch between project manager to project type cause clients to reallocate internal resources to provide unneeded oversight for projects. This mismatch disrupts the client’s day to day operations and reduces the ROI of having a PM on a project. The diminished ROI reflects requiring internal resources to augment the vendor’s PM oversight.
- In situations where a client needs multiple project managers, they often receive inconsistent quality PMs over time, which causes significant disruption on the project by having to replace project manager midstream during the project lifecycle, reducing continuity and increasing project failure.
In 2013, I started experimenting with different approaches, analyzing different outcomes. I eventually was able to develop an innovative strategy for delivering project management that I eventually termed ePMaaS, Enterprise Portfolio Management as a Service.
In 2018, after 20 years of project management experience and refining my approach, I decided to establish Outsourced Results Inc. (ORI), a firm purely focused on delivering world-class project management services to organizations. The goal of ORI is to increase the success rate of projects for our clients by providing project management services that ensure that value realization.
You may ask what differentiates us from the competition. Our number one goal is to help small to mid-size organizations by providing world-class project management services and not be biased in selling IT solutions or PM resources.
The traditional approach of delivering Project Management falls into two categories:
- Some vendors focus heavily on delivering IT solutions tied to specific applications and technologies. In either a fixed or time & material cost, vendors often approach their revenue generation model, leveraging assigned Project Manager as an extension of sales, helping to deliver new PM placements. Strategically these organizations have minimal interest in providing a successful project outcome.
- The other group of vendors focuses on selling project management resource or time-based (T&M) resources. These vendors provide staffing resources across a broad spectrum of applications and technologies. The hourly rate, business acumen, level of quality, and depth of skill set of these “just in need” or Staff augmentation resources vary greatly. Their revenue generation model is often tied to providing a volume of resource resumes for your internal resource to use valuable bandwidth to filter out who they may select for the project. Strategically this organization is not interest in delivering a successful project because the customer manages efficiency, value, and quality. These organizations are more focused on sending high volumes resumes.
In either case, you are provided project or staffing resources that you are now left to manage and figure out how to translate these resources to attain project outcomes successfully. Both of these outdated approaches have minimal focus on helping deliver reliable Project Management results, thereby creating unpredictable project outcomes for the customer.
ePMaaS helps bridge the earlier outlined gaps for our clients by delivering these three benefits:
- On-demand project management service for your project, providing project services within five days of an agreement
- Ensures that all projects have a Sr. Project Management Consultant (sPMC) oversight, reducing the need to reallocate internal resources for project management delivery. ORI has sPMC that would work with the customer to help manage project oversight, define useful KPIs and strategy, significantly reducing the need for internal oversight by up to 40%
- Consistent and predictable resource quality, we monitor and train our resources ensuring that they have the right experience and resource to manage the customer’s project(s)
The time has come for a company to focus on you the customer in helping achieve project success and measurable quality outcomes. ORI is that company that will focus on making your future project outcomes the best and most successful your organization has had to date.
Executive Director & Founder
RESOURCES & BEST PRACTICES
Understanding the organization and knowing how to leverage different methodologies and adapt them to each client’s unique needs has proven to be of crucial success in the industry.
ABILITY TO LEVERAGE
The ability to win the buy-in of a critical stakeholder can leverage an innovative approach to program management which will exceed all objectives and prove your program to be a success.
ASSESSMENT AND DETERMINATION
Involving developers earlier than usually allows for improved communication and support which will meet all objectives of the project and establish a new process for future projects as well.